Monday 23 January 2012

Happy New Year!


2012 has got of to rather a slow start for me - hence the late greeting.

Last week I had a bit more ear removed. I hope they don't have to whittle any more off or I am going to end up looking like this:


I mean the funny little ear - there's no reason to imagine I might turn green.

Anyway, that was a week ago, and today my bandages have started to work their way loose. I feel like this:


It really has not been a glamourous start to the year.

Harking back to last year - here is 2011 in review:

2,143 miles walked.
10 Hare & Hounds visited.

That's 214 miles it has taken me to get to each of those Hare & Hounds - which is something of a failure by anyone's standards.

Never mind. Today is Chinese New Year. Hurrah!
Time to start visiting Dragon-themed pubs.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too dear Crab. That is a lot of miles, I should imagine you were ready for a pint or several after 214 miles!

    There's a very nice Wetherspoons in the Chinese Quarter in Birmingham called the Dragon Inn. I'm not sure that the scenery would be up to scratch though.

    I'm sure you don't look anything remotely like those photos but I do hope your ear is OK now.

    PC xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pork Chop - lovely to hear from you. I'll look out for the pub next time in Birmingham - I like the idea of a Chinese Wetherspoons.

    ReplyDelete